Breastfeeding Classes Breastfeeding Support Groups Mama needs some Breastfeeding Help! Medication Questions & Info Breastmilk Donation Breastpumps TN Laws on Breastfeeding TN & US Contacts General Information Educational Information Legal Information Mobile Applications For Physicians
Please pardon our progress while we update our site.
Erlanger 3rd Tuesday at 6:30 pm, offered virtually, register here
Parkridge East Weekday and/or Weekend options (800) 242-5662 or click here (on temporary hold due to COVID)
WIC Call (423) 209-8321 for more info and to request an invite to the virtual class
- 2nd Tuesday of the month at 10:00 am
- 4th Thursday of the month at 1:00 pm
- *subject to change due to holidays*
Latch & Pump Stayed tuned for upcoming virtual options
The Chattery “Breastfeeding 101” visit thechattery.org for class options (on temporary hold due to COVID)
Life Circle Women’s Healthcare 3rd Tuesday at 6 pm (423) 339-1400
Erlanger eLearning Breastfeeding Education | Free, online breastfeeding education course
Mocha Mommy Milk Moments Stay tuned for upcoming virtual options
Life Circle Women’s Healthcare 2nd Saturday at 10 am (423) 339-1400
La Leche League of Ringgold 1st Thursday at 10:30 am at the Catoosa County Library (706) 820-9142
Erlanger Breastfeeding Clinic Call (423) 778-4181 for an appointment with an IBCLC. Lactation services are billable to insurance.
- Kennedy Children’s Outpatient Center: M/Tues/Thurs/Fridays by appt.
- Erlanger East: Wednesdays by appt.
Hamilton County Health Department Breastfeeding Center Call (423) 209-8321 for a no-charge visit with an IBCLC and/or breastfeeding peer counselor.
Life Circle Women’s Healthcare Lactation Clinic (423) 284-9008 or (423) 339-1400 Mon/Tues/Thurs 8-5; Fri 8-12:30; Wed by appt only
Tennessee Breastfeeding Hotline (855) 4BFMOMS / (855) 423-6667 Available 24/7 in English and Spanish
La Leche League Breastfeeding Helpline (877) 4LA LECHE
Lactation Staff for Home Visits
- Moniquecolous Garner-Weeks, CLC (317) 762-6397
- Jeannette McDonald, CLC, CD(DONA), MPH (423) 605-8755
- Ashley Lucas, RN, IBCLC (423) 619-3622
- Rachel Martinez, IBCLC (423) 435-3184
Local Medical Providers with Lactation Credentials
InfantRisk Center “The world’s leading research center for medication safety during pregnancy and lactation.”
- (806) 352-2519 InfantRisk hotline for medical providers and patients
- MommyMeds app for Parents (free at the App Store or Android Market)
- InfantRisk Center Health Care Mobile Resource for professionals (available at the App Store or Android Market)
Mothers’ Milk Bank of Tennessee Associated with HMBANA (Human Milk Banking Association of North America)
Pump Purchase Suppliers
- Aeroflow (844) 867-9890 (files through insurance)
- AeroCare (previously through ContinuCare) (423) 402-9371 *only files through TennCare plans BlueCare and Amerigroup
- Cutter Cares (877) 262-1123 (files through insurance; also offers payment plans for out-of-pocket purchases)
Hospital-Grade Pump Rentals
- Medical Center Compounding Pharmacy/Cleveland, TN (423) 476-5548
- AeroCare at Erlanger Medical Mall (423) 402-9371
TCA 68-58-101: A mother may breastfeed in any public or private place she is authorized to be.
TCA 68-58-102: Breastfeeding shall not be considered public indecency or nudity, obscene, or sexual conduct.
TCA -68-58-103: Local governments shall not prohibit breastfeeding in public by local ordinance.
TCA 50-1-305: Employers must accommodate breastfeeding mothers at work.
DID YOU KNOW? WIC (Women, Infants and Children) offers support services for ALL mothers. This includes prenatal classes, breastfeeding support and counseling. WIC also provides electric breast pumps based on income and nutritional status.
World Health Organization | Breastfeeding Information and Research
Really? Really. | Breastfeeding. Know the Facts.
KellyMom | Parenting and Breastfeeding
Hand Expression of Breastmilk | Stanford School of Medicine
Work & Pump | Breastfeeding and Working
Breastfeeding-Friendly Workplace | Information for Moms and Employers