Breastfeeding Classes Breastfeeding Support Groups Mama needs some Breastfeeding Help! Medication Questions & Info Breastmilk Donation Breastpumps TN Laws on Breastfeeding TN & US Contacts General Information Educational Information Legal Information Mobile Applications For Physicians
Please pardon our progress while we update our site.
Erlanger 3rd Tuesday at 6:30 pm (423) 778-5465 or click here
Erlanger East 1st Tuesday at 6:30 pm (423) 778-5465 or click here
Parkridge East Weekday and/or Weekend options (800) 242-5662 or click here
WIC Call (423) 209-8321 for more info:
- Main Campus at 921 E. 3rd Street: Tuesdays at 1 pm, Wednesdays at 10 am. Spanish sessions on Mondays at 1 pm.
- Ooltewah Health Center: 2nd Tuesday at 10 am; 4th Tuesday at 1 pm
- Sequoyah Health Center: 2nd Tuesday at 10 am; 4th Tuesday at 1 pm
- Dodson Avenue Health Center: 3rd Thursday at 2 pm
Latch & Pump 1st Monday at 6 pm at The Edney; 2nd Tuesday at 6:30 pm at Brainerd Rec Center (317) 762-6397
Life Circle Women’s Healthcare 3rd Tuesday at 6 pm (423) 339-1400
Erlanger eLearning Breastfeeding Education | Free, online breastfeeding education course
Erlanger East 3rd Friday at 10 am (423) 680-8789
Parkridge East 1st Monday 1-3 pm in the Lamaze Classroom (423) 855-3605
La Leche League of Chattanooga 2nd Tuesday at 10 am & 4th Tuesday at 6:30 pm in room 145 at St. John United Methodist Church (248) 515-2405
Mocha Mommy Milk Moments 2nd Friday at 6 pm at Brainerd Rec Center or through Virtual Support Group (317) 762-6397
Life Circle Women’s Healthcare 2nd Saturday at 10 am (423) 339-1400
La Leche League of Ringgold 1st Thursday at 10:30 am at the Catoosa County Library (706) 820-9142
Erlanger Breastfeeding Clinic Call (423) 778-4181 for an appointment with an IBCLC. Lactation services are billable to insurance.
- Kennedy Children’s Outpatient Center: M/Tues/Wed/Fridays by appt.
- Erlanger East: Thursdays by appt.
Hamilton County Health Department Breastfeeding Center Call (423) 209-8321 for a no-charge visit with an IBCLC and/or breastfeeding peer counselor.
Life Circle Women’s Healthcare Lactation Clinic (423) 284-9008 or (423) 339-1400 Mon/Tues/Thurs 8-5; Fri 8-12:30; Wed by appt only
Tennessee Breastfeeding Hotline (855) 4BFMOMS / (855) 423-6667 Available 24/7 in English and Spanish
La Leche League Breastfeeding Helpline (877) 4LA LECHE
Lactation Staff for Home Visits
- Monique Garner-Weeks, CLC (317) 762-6397
- Ashley Lucas, RN, IBCLC (423) 619-3622
InfantRisk Center “The world’s leading research center for medication safety during pregnancy and lactation.”
- (806) 352-2519 InfantRisk hotline for medical providers and patients
- MommyMeds app for Parents (free at the App Store or Android Market)
- InfantRisk Center Health Care Mobile Resource for professionals (available at the App Store or Android Market)
Mothers’ Milk Bank of Tennessee Associated with HMBANA (Human Milk Banking Association of North America)
Pump Purchase Suppliers
- Aeroflow (844) 867-9890 (files through insurance)
- AeroCare (previously through ContinuCare) (423) 402-9371 *only files through TennCare plans BlueCare and Amerigroup
- Cutter Cares (877) 262-1123 (files through insurance; also offers payment plans for out-of-pocket purchases)
Hospital-Grade Pump Rentals
- Medical Center Compounding Pharmacy/Cleveland, TN (423) 476-5548
- AeroCare at Erlanger Medical Mall (423) 402-9371
TCA 68-58-101: A mother may breastfeed in any public or private place she is authorized to be.
TCA 68-58-102: Breastfeeding shall not be considered public indecency or nudity, obscene, or sexual conduct.
TCA -68-58-103: Local governments shall not prohibit breastfeeding in public by local ordinance.
TCA 50-1-305: Employers must accommodate breastfeeding mothers at work.
DID YOU KNOW? WIC (Women, Infants and Children) offers support services for ALL mothers. This includes prenatal classes, breastfeeding support and counseling. WIC also provides electric breast pumps based on income and nutritional status.
World Health Organization | Breastfeeding Information and Research
Really? Really. | Breastfeeding. Know the Facts.
KellyMom | Parenting and Breastfeeding
Hand Expression of Breastmilk | Stanford School of Medicine
Work & Pump | Breastfeeding and Working
Breastfeeding-Friendly Workplace | Information for Moms and Employers